Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dress Up Your Shoes

 All four of my daughters and I are in my cousin's wedding! I am very honored and thrilled to the MAX to be able to take part in her special day!! You see, I am the oldest of four kids and all I have are brothers. My mom and her sister each had four kids and looking back it felt like we were all siblings instead of cousins. We did ALOT together. There is a 4 and 5 year age gap between my 'girl' cousins and myself but that didn't seem to bother us.

So when she asked us to be in her wedding I was very happy and I feel like I'm in my sister's wedding instead of a cousin.

Now, back to reality, we are spending ALOT of money to be a part of this wedding! Thankfully, my Aunt bought the flower girls their dresses, but I am in charge of  purchasing guest book attendant dresses, my dress and ALL of our shoes!!!!

I know this is the norm, but when I got married my mom paid for literally EVERYONE'S attire. (Yes, I was spoiled when I got married and I didn't even know it!!!! Shame on me!!!)

This past weekend we went shopping and I was able to find my two older girls their dresses and shoes!!!
Oh and my shoes too!!! Which I am in LOVE with!!! I wore them yesterday while I was cleaning house!!!
(It's the little things around here!!)
I DID NOT find anything for my younger two!! I just had a serious problem with paying anything over $9.99 for plain, shiny black shoes!!!
Then!! I had a light bulb moment that #4 already had shiny black shoes and all I needed to do was dress them up a bit!!!
So I went back to the store the next day and bought #3 plain ol' shiny black shoes for $14.99!!!! Of course the only $9.99 shoe they had was a couple sizes to small!!! So I bit the bullet and bought them with an idea to dress them up!!

                                  The shoes!!!


                            The necessities to fix said shoes!


                           All Done!!!! Aren't they beautiful??

I LOVE the way they turned out!!! I will post some pics of them with the dress when we attend the wedding!! Like I keep telling my 2 year old. You can't try your dress on yet baby!! It's seven hours away!!
To bad she doesn't understand what I'm saying!!



No comments: