Saturday, October 16, 2010

Quick Apron

 Back in Septemeber I came across a couple of free patterns to make different types of aprons. I picked what I thought would be the easiest and tweaked it a little. My husband tends to ruin his jeans quite frequently, either by battery acid, sharp tools, or splitting them out. I patch where I can and they go into my craft bucket if I can't!
Since we've been married, I've been able to make each one of the girls a picnic blanket out of his jeans.
I grabbed a pair of jeans and cutt off one of the legs, added some scrap material I had laying around and used the back pockets off of a pair of one of my daughters jeans!

                                                        And here I have my craft apron!!



I was still working on it, when my friend came by to pick her kids up after school and she mentioned that my daughter's 2nd grade teacher wears an apron, but wasn't to fond of it. She suggested I make her one for Christmas or Teacher Appreciation Week. I couldn't wait that long, if she needed a new/cute apron then she needed it now!!! So I spent that whole weekend working on hers so my daughter could take it to her on Monday!

 I gave her more pockets because T told me she sticks EVERYTHING in there!! and I tried my hand at appliquing! I think it turned out super cute!! I'm glad I was able to mess mine up first and make hers great!!



                                                 Here it is all ready to be delivered to Ms. B!
I saw Ms. B. on Tuesday when I took cupcakes up for T's Birthday and she had the apron on! She told me Thank you again!! and that she wears it ALL THE TIME!!
I'm just so glad she likes it!




No comments: